Friday, June 24, 2011

Still Waiting for Summer

The first day of Summer was a gorgeous and warm day here in Vancouver and that was it.
Rain came back and stayed many days after...
I am seriously awaiting Summer.
I don't want to feel soggy, moldy, and cold any more.
I've stocked vanilla ice cream.
I've ironed my white linen shirts.
I've put my mini rose pots close to the windows.

Summer Rose

I've put all my cold weather knitting projects aside and started a new lacy and bright colored summer scarf for my sweet daughter, Sarah.

Moss

Hopefully, by the time I knit up to the last yard of this silky yarn, Summer will be officially here. Must knit faster!

4 comments:

  1. that summer scarf is already looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the loveliest green! Sigh, we're still waiting for summer while the rest of the country is having a heat wave!!

    ReplyDelete