Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Petals and Clay

My doctor has forbiden me from knitting and clicking the mouse (too much) for at least one week. And I also have to wear a wrist band. He said I had been developing tendonitis in my right wrist. He refused to hear my argument that if it happened only in my right wrist, it could not be because of knitting. At the end of my visit, I promised him I wouldn't knit more than fifteen minute long in one sitting and I would learn to use the mouse with my left hand. None of these promises is easy for me to keep, but I have to do for the health of my wrists.

Away from my yarn, I pulled out the soap making drawer and came up with this newest soap which I call "Petals and Clay".


Ingredients: Glycerin soap base, French green clay, aloe vera leaf gel, evening primrose oil, ylang ylang oil and calendular petals.


After cutting the loaf, I got eight 4oz bars of soap, each bar has a different look. This is my favorite one of all. I can really see the beautiful golden petals embedded in soft aloe vera gel swirled in pale green clay.
I'm glad I find some comfort while not knitting from playing with these soap. What would you do if you can't knit?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are giving your wrists a break and enjoying your pretty soaps in the meantime. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you heal fast! When I can't knit, I turn to books...or at least more than normal. Maybe with the holidays approaching you'll have to "practice" shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Preeti ^_^

    Amy- I finished reading more books, too. And shopping, does one need practice ^_^

    ReplyDelete